Friday, October 11, 2013

Daddy's a Medic, Mommy's a Worry Wart

Being a paramedics 'wife' is NOT the easiest job in the world.
 Especially when I am a fire fighter and I know how to work a radio. Which means I can hear every call he receives, every situation he is in, when the cops are called to assist... you get my point. It's not a fun game but it's pretty interesting.

I will admit I get nervous A LOT when he is in, what seems like to me, a stressful situation. I sat up for three whole hours one night because he had a CPR call. Now, this is normal to him and with me being a CNA and having worked in a nursing home and hospital emergency room you would think it was just a walk in the park for me; but knowing what he is going through at that exact moment and time wigs me out. He laughs when I tell him this stuff but it's true.

We have a strong relationship and I think some of that spawns from how well we can relate to his work days and stories. He knows I listen to the radio and his calls, I don't think he has a problem with it... he tells me it's 'normal'. Who knows, but it's like constant contact with him while he is away for 24 hours. He also works in our 'town', actually 2.5 miles down the road from our house so when he goes out this way I hear him blaring those horns and sirens, I smile every time.

I can't wait until our little girl is old enough to yell "Mommy! I can hear daddy at work!". It's the little things families do and connect with that make a family a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment