Thursday, October 10, 2013

Dare To Get DADDY Involved?!

Now ladies, we all know dad's aren't usually the 'talkative' type or the best at giving meaningful advice but with starting this new blog this topic came to mind.

"Does your significant other get involved in your blogging time?"

Why on earth would I ask such a think?! I was creating this, getting the background 'just right', looking things over three and four times, when I turned to my fiance and said "Do you like this background?". Now, my partner isn't like any other man I know. He is a fantastic decorator, he can build anything he sets his mind to, he can do just about anything and make it look amazing. Now, I know what you're thinking, he's not gay, he's not a feminist and he's not a 'pretty boy'; he just simply knows what goes together to make everything look amazing. So, with that being said, he told me straight away his opinion on the background. We picked one out together, which is the one you see now, and for some reason doing that together meant the world to me. He give his input on the whole page, which was pretty positive coming from him, and it made me feel so much better about the blog.

I know most men could care less what their ladies are doing or what their pages look like, but to me it means a lot when he is honest and helpful with my decisions. I am in no way controlled by him. we are just close enough to know we can be honest without being hurtful. He has his opinions and I have mine, just like every couple, he just cares a little more about little things than most guys.

So, is this weird? Do you and your hubby have conversations like this? Does he let you know when something just does not look good? I feel I am lucky to have someone who lets me know such things, for me it helps me feel more confident and productive. Maybe it's odd, maybe it's co-dependent but it's a positive thing for me that got my brain working on this topic. So, does yours help?! Huh, does he?!

No comments:

Post a Comment